Customised tax compliance management
A functioning tax compliance management system is a key requirement for identifying the risks that are relevant for tax purposes; it also helps companies comply with tax laws or tax deadlines and ensures that the assessment basis is established correctly. Therefore it represents the main instrument for preventing liability and criminal law consequences for the company, its executive bodies and employees in the event that irregularities occur and subsequent tax payments are assessed.
The experts at LeitnerLeitner are ready to assist you with developing, implementing and evaluating such a system that is tailored to your needs.
Working with you, we ensure that your tax compliance management system not only optimises processes but also helps to avoid risks under tax and criminal law. A deep understanding of the business context and the financial requirements of our clients allows us to develop processes with added value on a partnership basis. This process is not just about declaring the correct amount of taxes, but also about identifying opportunities for efficient automation so that synergies in the company can be revealed or optimised. Using our expertise, we can assist you all the way to the certification of the tax control system, and we can also optimise existing systems if required.
- Evaluation of the current environment (status quo)
- Joint definition of tax compliance goals and tax strategy
- Clear definition of responsibilities in the tax area
- Preparation of your tax directive
- Identification, analysis and evaluation of the main risks with a tax relevance
- Definition of measures for risk cover purposes
- Preparation of a risk control matrix
- Development and implementation of the defined risk cover measures (process descriptions, checklists, training concepts)
- Controlling of measures to communicate the tax compliance management system in the company
- Controlling of measures to monitor and improve the tax compliance management system
- Support with supplementing the measures in the existing process and control documentation
- Evaluation of the existing systems and utilisation of opportunities for a tax compliance management system
- Support with the tool-based implementation of the tax control system
- Appraisal of the tax control system (adequacy or effectiveness check)