We are passionate about the VAT
The VAT – the most important tax in a company’s day-to-day business – has become a highly complex tax matter. Incorrect structures or settlement processes can lead to considerable damages. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that the specialised advice that is rendered in this context is both competent and practical.
LeitnerLeitner deals with VAT-related problems and challenges every single day, and our experts use their knowledge to guide companies through the complexity of the VAT. From a difficult legal opinion for a large company to a simple compliance question for an SME in Croatia or abroad: we provide the best practical solution and clear recommendations for your daily business.
A central contact person is always made available for cross-border and interdisciplinary projects. In this way, our solutions also apply across the border and are always efficient and practical.
Our specialists maintain excellent networks with national and international authorities and other international VAT groups, along with experienced VAT experts worldwide. As a member of the VAT Expert Group of the European Commission, VAT expert Hannes Gurtner also plays a key role in designing European VAT legislation.
- Advice for national and cross-border VAT issues
- Appraisals and opinions for national and cross-border VAT issues
- Support with optimisation in the context of special issues, e.g. chain and triangular transactions, commission and consignment stock, design of holding structures and tax groups, establishment of permanent establishments abroad etc.
- Procedural support and assistance with audits and special VAT audits
- Representation before tax authorities, preparation and management of appeal proceedings, management of test case proceedings up to the European Court of Justice
- National compliance (application and implementation of registrations, preparation and submission of VAT returns, summary reports, Intrastat reports)
- Tailored digital VAT check of your ERP/SAP system with modern IT tools
- Individually coordinated in-house training for companies and employees
- Preparation of VAT handbooks
- Support with VAT compliance in Croatia and abroad
- Support with, and implementation of, input tax refund applications
- Support and advice for tax advisors and auditors using our special VAT know-how (advice for colleagues)